Click here for information about the 2014 FATA Parliamentary Associates Program.
Candidates were invited earlier this year to apply for the FATA Parliamentary Associates Program 2013-2014 to assist the work of Members of National Assembly (MNAs) and Senators from the Federally Administrated Tribal Areas (FATA).
The program is a unique opportunity for young graduates from the tribal areas to work and learn first-hand about the work of legislators and the Pakistan legislative process. Associates will undergo training to prepare them for their daily duties and learn more about the governance structure of FATA and the ongoing reforms dialogue.
The FATA Parliamentary Associates Program is a paid, full-time professional development program that will run from October 2013 through March 2014. Associates will receive a monthly remuneration fee throughout their participation in the program.
- Conducting legislative research
- Tracking pending legislation and regulations
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Attending hearings and meetings
- Corresponding with constituents
- Preparing briefing notes
- Assisting with legislator communications
- FATA resident
- Masters degree in social or political science, law, economics, international relations, communications or related field
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the Pakistani political system
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in FATA and the reform process
- Fluency in oral Pashto and oral and written Urdu required
- Fluency in oral and written English preferred
- Research capabilities, good writing skills and computer literacy
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Commitment to entire program duration
How to Apply
- Send your CV and letter explaining your interest in the program
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
- Female candidates strongly encouraged to apply
- Applications are no longer being accepted
Categories: FATA Reforms News